National Waste Associates in Glastonbury, CT
Hiring Multiple Positions, Multiple Levels
National Waste Associates is a privately owned, dynamic company built on 4 generations of waste removal experience. NWA completely manages the waste streams of organizations with multiple locations, typically 100 to 5,000. NWA caters to customers who require high quality service that allows them to focus on their own business rather than the waste removal business. NWA has evolved to the ‘heavy duty’ strength of waste removal management as we routinely repair broken programs or start challenging new programs. As a trusted service provider and custodian of quality information, NWA delivers results with confidence and speed. We leverage cutting-edge technology, unique data, vendor and location analytics to negotiate and establish the best solutions for our clients who want individualized strategies and resultsDue to recent growth, we need QUALIFIED people!
AS400 PROGRAMMER ANALYST
The Sr. Programmer Analyst’s purpose is to help troubleshoot, develop & improve a custom AS400 system and is a mix of development, analysis, application implementation and general end user support. The Sr. Programmer Analyst must support the IT Manager & the entire organization in achieving overall goals. The Sr. Programmer analyst will interact with end users through Project Management Methodology, in scoping out new requests for upgrades and fixes to our current system, and assist in development through a documented life cycle, which will include programming, testing, setting up test scenarios for end users and ultimately implementing into production, while providing detailed training documentation on system changes & supporting end users through implementation.
The applicant must be reliable and have a strong work ethic. They must be able to communicate effectively, possess excellent documentation writing skills, show an ability to troubleshoot systematic functions and complete project timeline that are under tight deadlines.
Analyzes problem areas, designs and implements system improvements
Analyzes documents, files & reports related to work flow
Write training materials to support end user training and development
Prepares test data and analyzes program performance during testing
Prepares daily project status and program status reports
Research system problems and implement solutions
Work with end users on upgrades, enhancements and future applications
Interface and facilitate multi-departmental initiatives
General IT support knowledge to support end users
Bachelor in Computer Science or related field
Four (4) years of programming and systems design in RPG, RPG IV, & CL
Working knowledge of Windows systems
Experience working on an AS400 Platform
Strong analytical and design skills
Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
Four (4) years of programming and systems design in RPG, RPG IV, & CL: 4 years
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Type: Full-time
VENDOR SERVICES SUPERVISOR
The Vendor Services Supervisor role is to manage the workflow and provide timely and cost effective day-to-day waste removal and recycling services in support of Customer Service and our Clients. He/She must be able to handle emergency issues in a timely manner, as well as report back to our Customer Service team.
The applicant must be reliable and have a strong work ethic. They must be able to communicate effectively and be a good team motivator. This person must always maintain a positive attitude and be able to make quick decisions in time of need. He/She must be capable of prioritizing work with the ability to easily “think outside the box”. The right candidate must be able to effectively coach/develop/lead a team of 5-10 Vendor Services Representatives and the Vendor Services Assistant.
Vendor Service Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain long lasting relationships with service providers.
- Efficiently prioritize tasks based on client expectations.
- Communicate between departments to ensure job completion.
- Monitor and Improve Productivity and Work Flow.
- Monitor and improve overall quality and revoke levels of the staff
- Ensure effective training and development of the staff.
- Process Service Level requests for all services as needed, accurately and on time.
- Obtain, review, and analyze contracts from vendors and ensure compliance through the course of the agreement.
- Resolve billing discrepancies in a timely manner when issued by Accounting.
- Work on bidding projects to obtain cost savings for current/potential clients.
- Maintain all necessary files and report.
- Proficient in all purchasing functions, including a history of successful pricing and billing negotiations with various vendors.
Vendor Service Supervisor Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business preferred, or equivalent work experience with 3+ years experience as a Purchasing Agent or equivalent experience
- Waste industry or other environmental services industry experience a plus
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to multitask and be detail oriented
- Manage changing priorities based on direction from management and the needs of the organization
- Must have consistently demonstrated success in providing timely service to customers while adhering to company standards
- Must be familiar with “emergency service” situations and proper escalation actions.
- Must have consistently demonstrated success managing over 45 day billing discrepancies or Purchase Variances to zero levels
- Must have consistently demonstrated superior, independent negotiations with vendors.
- Ability to resolve vendor pricing variances
- Must possess excellent follow up skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be analytical and have good decision-making skills when it comes to seeing the “big picture”
- Must possess basic math skills for calculating cost effectiveness for clients.
- Must have experience working in a fast-paced office environment meeting multiple deadlines. Prior experience negotiating and/or working in the waste industry preferred.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
We are currently seeking a strong Human Resources Generalist who will partner with business leaders to implement HR solutions to help drive business results. The position will provide HR support and expertise in the core functional areas of Human Resources, including, but not limited to: employee relations, performance management, employee development, change management, compensation, and benefits
HR Generalist Responsibilities:
- Take a proactive approach to anticipate, assess, and provide HR solutions in relation to business needs
- Provide timely and effective advice on HR-related matters to employees and managers
- Serve as consultant to employees and managers on a wide variety of issues such as training needs, performance management, policy interpretation, career development, conflict management, and other issues impacting productivity and/or morale
- Recognize and escalate issues or risks and recommend changes and improvements to existing policies and procedures
- Recruit, interview, and select talent to fill vacant positions
- Conduct new employee orientation
- Administer benefits programs and maintain records of benefits plans participation, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting
- Manage annual performance review and management by objective program and process, ensuring understanding and adherence to guidelines and timelines
- Provide back up support for weekly payroll processing
HR Generalist Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration, or related discipline with 3-5 years of progressive HR experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of various human resources policies and procedures
- Knowledge of current federal and Connecticut employment laws
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with demonstrated expertise in MS Word and Excel
- Strong communication skills including the desire to build solid working relationships
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate independent judgment and decision making capabilities
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor under pressure and effectively work with employees at all levels, while maintaining a keen sense of urgency and commitment to providing exceptional service to employees
- A strong work ethic and the drive to succeed
Job Type: Full-time
SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
As a Sales Account Executive for National Waste Associates, you’ll develop leads and acquire contacts by using strong communication skills and maintaining an active call back list. You will help the sales team generate revenue by developing market potential through lead generation, qualification, creating appointment commitments and closing. You will be responsible for revenue quotas in helping the Company meet and exceed the budget, growing a consistently healthy pipeline of prospects.
If you are a consistent performer, not easily distracted and driven for personal and professional growth, this may be the job for you. The successful candidate can expect to make over $100,000 in base, commission and bonus.
A dynamic personality with a drive to reach decision makers over the phone is essential, moving warm lead opportunities to close.
- Using existing database and generating new leads through research to develop, schedule and cold call prospects, identifying prime decision makers.
- 25 minimum expected daily calls
- Work to establish add-on business with existing customers
- Maintain an organized and easily accessible system within Salesforce.com (sales leads, prospective business, new business activity, add-on business activity, forecasting, quota details, etc.)
- Achieve quota as established
- Excellent verbal and written skills for in person and webinar presentations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Company and industry.
- Attend industry and product related training programs, conferences, seminars and educational forums
- Perform other duties as assigned
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Four year college BS or BA degree
- Minimum of 5 years prior B2B Sales experience with proven track record of sales growth.
- Excellent communication skills and a great in person and phone presence.
- Willingness to work hard and succeed
- Competitive and energetic nature
- Professional presentation and organizational skills
- Excellent PC and problem solving abilities; you must be a very activity-focused individual.
- Creative self-starter with self-discipline, persistence, the ability to work independently and with a team with solid time-management skills.
- Must have PC proficiency (i.e. Microsoft Office) and extensive experience using salesforce.com
- Ability to remain organized while handling multiple projects/tasks
- Ability to communicate well with co-workers, customers and vendors (verbal and written)
Job Type: Full-time
- Four Year College BS or BA degree
- Sales: 5 years
INSIDE SALES/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONAL
This position is responsible for prospecting and contacting qualifying sales leads to support our national sales team. This candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including heavy outbound calls from prospect lists, inbound marketing leads, and individual research using the web and other resources. A dynamic personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential.
This is a ground floor inside sales position with the opportunity for advancement. We will provide formalized training. A willingness to learn and grow are essential attributes we are looking for. We offer salary plus incentive pay potential, as well as health & 401K plan.
- Develop new business leads via telephone and mass communication, such as email and social media, to introduce National Waste Associates solutions virtually and identify appropriate buyers within the target vertical markets.
- Utilize various research tools to identify potential upcoming expiring contracts with non-users. This includes assuring that National Waste Associates is on appropriate vendor lists to receive RFPs.
- Follow up on leads and conduct research to identify potential prospects. This includes working closely with the Marketing department to plan and follow up on lead generating campaigns.
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities to senior sales staff
- Manage data ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate and documents are attached.
- Must have 2-3 years of sales related experience (exposure to large corporations preferred).
- Must have a college degree; marketing, business, or communication degrees preferred.
- Must have the able to qualify leads by making cold calls to VP & Director level prospects.
- Must be proficient at Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com.
- Must be highly organized, driven, with effective time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and equally strong listening skills.
- Formal training in systematic selling is a plus, Sandler preferred.
- Self-confident, friendly and professional demeanor a must, with the ability to quickly develop relationships and gain trust.
- Work from Glastonbury, CT office
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, color, race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
No phone calls please.
Thank you, National Waste Associates