National Waste Associates in Glastonbury, CT
Hiring Multiple Positions, Multiple Levels
National Waste Associates is a privately owned, dynamic company built on 4 generations of waste removal experience. NWA completely manages the waste streams of organizations with multiple locations, typically 100 to 5,000. NWA caters to customers who require high-quality service that allows them to focus on their own business rather than the waste removal business. We have evolved to the ‘heavy duty’ strength of waste removal management as we routinely repair broken programs or start challenging new programs.
As a trusted service provider and custodian of quality information, NWA delivers results with confidence and speed. We leverage cutting-edge technology, unique data, vendor and location analytics to negotiate and establish the best solutions for our clients who want individualized strategies and results. Due to recent growth, we need QUALIFIED people!
SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
As a Sales Account Executive for NWA, you’ll develop leads and acquire contacts by using strong communication skills and maintaining an active call back list. You will help the sales team generate revenue by developing market potential through lead generation, qualification, creating appointment commitments and closing. You will be responsible for revenue quotas in helping NWA meet and exceed the budget while growing a consistently healthy pipeline of prospects.
If you are a top performer with a dynamic personality who is focused and driven to personal and professional excellence, this may be the job for you. The successful candidate will receive an attractive base and generous commission plan that will easily allow you to earn six figures.
In addition to our desirable compensation, you will also enjoy a robust and affordable benefits package with a matching 401k.
- An ability to reach decision makers over the phone is essential, moving warm lead opportunities to close.
- Using our existing database, generate new leads through research and development, cold calling prospects, identifying prime decision makers and making contact.
- Establish add-on business with existing customers
- Maintain an organized and easily accessible system within Salesforce.com (sales leads, prospective business, new business activity, add-on business activity, forecasting, quota details, etc.)
- Achieve quota as established
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Company and industry.
- Attend industry and product related training programs, conferences, seminars and educational forums
- Travel will be no more than 60%.
- You will work out of our Glastonbury office
- Four-year college BS or BA degree
- Minimum of 5 years B2B sales experience showing a consistent track record of sales growth
- Excellent verbal and written skills for in-person and webinar presentations.
- Professional presentation and organizational skills
- Excellent PC and problem-solving abilities
- Solid time management skills
- Experience using Salesforce.com
- Ability to remain organized while handling multiple projects/tasks
AS400 PROGRAMMER ANALYST
The Programmer Analyst’s purpose is to help troubleshoot, develop & improve a custom AS400 system and is a mix of development, analysis, application implementation and general end user support. This position supports the IT Manager and the entire organization in achieving overall goals.
The Programmer analyst will interact with end users through Project Management Methodology, in scoping out new requests for upgrades and fixes to our current system, and assist in development through a documented life cycle, which will include programming, testing, setting up test scenarios for end users and ultimately implementing into production, while providing detailed training documentation on system changes & supporting end users through implementation.
The applicant must be reliable and have a strong work ethic. They must be able to communicate effectively, possess excellent documentation writing skills, show an ability to troubleshoot systematic functions and complete project timeline that are under tight deadlines.
Analyzes problem areas, designs and implements system improvements
Analyzes documents, files & reports related to workflow
Write training materials to support end user training and development
Prepares test data and analyzes program performance during testing
Prepares daily project status and program status reports
Research system problems and implement solutions
Work with end users on upgrades, enhancements and future applications
Interface and facilitate multi-departmental initiatives
General IT support knowledge to support end users
Bachelor in Computer Science or related field
Four (4) years of programming and systems design in RPG, RPG IV, & CL
Working knowledge of Windows systems
Experience working on an AS400 Platform
Strong analytical and design skills
Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
Four (4) years of programming and systems design in RPG, RPG IV, & CL: 4 years
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Type: Full-time
VENDOR SERVICES SUPERVISOR
The Vendor Services Supervisor role is to manage the workflow and provide timely and cost effective day-to-day waste removal and recycling services in support of Customer Service and our Clients. He/She must be able to handle emergency issues in a timely manner, as well as report back to our Customer Service team.
The applicant must be reliable and have a strong work ethic. They must be able to communicate effectively and be a good team motivator. This person must always maintain a positive attitude and be able to make quick decisions in time of need. He/She must be capable of prioritizing work with the ability to easily “think outside the box”. The right candidate must be able to effectively coach/develop/lead a team of 5-10 Vendor Services Representatives and the Vendor Services Assistant.
Vendor Service Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain long lasting relationships with service providers.
- Efficiently prioritize tasks based on client expectations.
- Communicate between departments to ensure job completion.
- Monitor and Improve Productivity and Work Flow.
- Monitor and improve overall quality and revoke levels of the staff
- Ensure effective training and development of the staff.
- Process Service Level requests for all services as needed, accurately and on time.
- Obtain, review, and analyze contracts from vendors and ensure compliance through the course of the agreement.
- Resolve billing discrepancies in a timely manner when issued by Accounting.
- Work on bidding projects to obtain cost savings for current/potential clients.
- Maintain all necessary files and report.
- Proficient in all purchasing functions, including a history of successful pricing and billing negotiations with various vendors.
Vendor Service Supervisor Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business preferred, or equivalent work experience with 3+ years experience as a Purchasing Agent or equivalent experience
- Waste industry or other environmental services industry experience a plus
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to multitask and be detail oriented
- Manage changing priorities based on direction from management and the needs of the organization
- Must have consistently demonstrated success in providing timely service to customers while adhering to company standards
- Must be familiar with “emergency service” situations and proper escalation actions.
- Must have consistently demonstrated success managing over 45-day billing discrepancies or Purchase Variances to zero levels
- Must have consistently demonstrated superior, independent negotiations with vendors.
- Ability to resolve vendor pricing variances
- Must possess excellent follow-up skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be analytical and have good decision-making skills when it comes to seeing the “big picture”
- Must possess basic math skills for calculating cost-effectiveness for clients.
- Must have experience working in a fast-paced office environment meeting multiple deadlines. Prior experience negotiating and/or working in the waste industry preferred.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor
INSIDE SALES/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONAL
This position is responsible for prospecting and contacting qualifying sales leads to support our national sales team. This candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including heavy outbound calls from prospect lists, inbound marketing leads, and individual research using the web and other resources. A dynamic personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential.
This is a ground floor inside sales position with the opportunity for advancement. We will provide formalized training. A willingness to learn and grow are essential attributes we are looking for. We offer salary plus incentive pay potential, as well as health & 401K plan.
- Develop new business leads via telephone and mass communication, such as email and social media, to introduce National Waste Associates solutions virtually and identify appropriate buyers within the target vertical markets.
- Utilize various research tools to identify potential upcoming expiring contracts with non-users. This includes assuring that National Waste Associates is on appropriate vendor lists to receive RFPs.
- Follow up on leads and conduct research to identify potential prospects. This includes working closely with the Marketing department to plan and follow up on lead generating campaigns.
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities to senior sales staff
- Manage data ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate and documents are attached.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, color, race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
No phone calls please.
Thank you, National Waste Associates