National Waste Associates in Glastonbury, CT
Hiring Multiple Positions, Multiple Levels
National Waste Associates is a privately owned, dynamic company built on 4 generations of waste removal experience. NWA completely manages the waste streams of organizations with multiple locations, typically 100 to 5,000. NWA caters to customers who require high-quality service that allows them to focus on their own business rather than the waste removal business. We have evolved to the ‘heavy duty’ strength of waste removal management as we routinely repair broken programs or start challenging new programs.
As a trusted service provider and custodian of quality information, NWA delivers results with confidence and speed. We leverage cutting-edge technology, unique data, vendor and location analytics to negotiate and establish the best solutions for our clients who want individualized strategies and results. Due to recent growth, we need QUALIFIED people!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
National Waste Associates is looking for Business Development Coordinator who plays a critical role of first contact in the sales process. Someone who excels in developing leads and acquiring contacts by using strong communication skills and maintaining an active follow-up list. A dynamic personality who is invested in helping the sales team generate revenue by developing market potential through lead generation, qualification and setting appointments using digital and telemarketing approaches. Someone who has the drive and persistence to actively use the existing database as well as develop new leads through researching prospect engagement from various activities.
- Initiate telephone contact with prospective clients using outbound lead generation list
- Cold Call prospects to set sales appointments
- Maintain accurate documentation of activity in CRM (SharpSpring)
- Actively work with Business Development team to grow sales
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Attend industry and product related training programs and educational forums to maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Company and industry
- Minimum 2 years B2B sales experience
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- Positive energy and persistence
- Be a creative self-starter with self-discipline who works well individually as well as with the team
- Are a consistent performer who is not easily distracted
- Excellent communication and great phone presence a must
Business Development Coordinators have a potential to earn between $45,000 – $60,000 annually including Commissions. Hourly rate is $18-$20.
This position is directly responsible for driving profitable revenue growth for the company. The Sales Manager will create new client relationships with the objective of making proposals that result in new business, while concurrently working to maintain relationships with current clients. Previous experience managing a telemarketing/digital outreach team, sales team, building a sales pipeline and tracking sales efforts through a CRM are required. This role is responsible for providing oversight and leadership for both the “inside” and “outside” sales teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive profitable revenue growth by identifying needs of prospects, maintaining the interest of prospects through the sales cycle, establishing strong rapports and closing sales.
- Nurture strong business relationships with prospective customers to generate new business. Build and maintain strong relationships with existing clients.
- Participate with the senior management team on developing and executing on the strategic plan for Sales. Develop a clear strategy, in concert with Marketing, on how to effectively grow sales, by customer segment, for the company.
- Effectively manage telemarketing/digital outreach team
- Develop and maintain a “pipeline” to build and track sales leads and ensure they are followed up on effectively and in a timely manner.
- Proven experience building and leading a Sales team.
- Ensure inputs are completed in the company CRM in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of sales literature.
- Foster and support the company culture.
- Provide the leadership and direction necessary to sustain the company’s growth.
- Schedules and conducts Quarterly and Annual Business Reviews with existing customers and sends follow up actions to customers and NWA staff for follow up actions.
- Reviews Key Performance Indicators weekly and creates action plans to improve areas that are below Business Plan metrics.
- Schedules and performs coaching sessions for team members.
Qualifications and Skills
- College degree (BA, BSc), MBA preferred.
- 10 or more years of successful sales experience in B2B selling preferred. Equivalent experience in a technical sales environment considered.
- Consistent use of a formal sales selling system/methodology
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft® Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent presentation skills – comfortable using and presenting in PowerPoint®.
- Comfortable with using Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM) software with a deep understanding of the sales funnel and metrics for tracking performance.
- Skilled in effectively leading a Sales team and achieving results through others.
- Must be an outgoing individual who is comfortable meeting new people, putting people at ease and inspiring trust.
- Valid Driver’s License. Must be willing to travel to various client locations. Travel, for this position, can be as high as approximately 25% to facilitate the effective fostering of client relationships for each key account assigned.
- Curious Nature: Relentless curiosity and pursuit of new sales and opportunities. Actively listens to customer feedback and look for ways we can more effectively serve them.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired and driven to foster new initiatives that will drive growth for the company.
- Passionate: Passionate about personal success and the success of others in the company.
- Proactive: Proactively approaches solving problems and issues.
- Emotional Stability: Keeps his/her temper under all business conditions.
- Good Judgement: Ability to make sound decisions.
- Insightful: Ability to distill, from an interaction with a customer, the “insight” in how we can serve them better and increase sales.
- Natural Leader: Ability to naturally lead others, through common goals, understanding, and collaboration.
- Confident: must be confident in their skills and abilities because of their background, training and prior success.
- Strong Work Ethic: must be self-driven, reliable, and willing to put in extra time and effort
The company offers a competitive benefit program.
Please note that relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Vendor Services Representative
A Vendor Services Representative is an integral part of the Account Management team. This position is for someone that has great relationship building skills, a knack for negotiation and someone that is a strategic thinker. We are looking for someone that can find cost effective methods to provide waste and recycling services to our clients, and ensure timely implementation of service requests presented by the Customer Service team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain long lasting relationships with service providers.
- Efficiently prioritize tasks based on client expectations.
- Communicate between departments to ensure job completion.
- Process Service Level requests for all services as needed, accurately and on time.
- Obtain signed contracts from vendors and ensure compliance through the course of the agreement.
- Resolve billing discrepancies in a timely manner when issued by Accounting.
- Work on bidding projects to obtain cost savings for current/potential clients.
- Maintain all necessary files and reports.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- The right candidate has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize appropriately based on company needs.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Possess basic math skills for calculating cost effectiveness for clients.
- Can handle high levels of stress when needed to process urgent requests.
- Must be analytical and have good decision-making skills when it comes to seeing the “big picture”.
- Must possess a positive attitude and good work ethic.
Education: High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree in business preferred.
Experience: Must have experience working in a fast-paced office environment meeting multiple deadlines. Prior experience negotiating and/or working in the waste industry preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $21.00 /hour