National Waste Associates in Glastonbury, CT
Hiring Multiple Positions, Multiple Levels
National Waste Associates is a privately owned, dynamic company built on 4 generations of waste removal experience. NWA completely manages the waste streams of organizations with multiple locations, typically 100 to 5,000. NWA caters to customers who require high-quality service that allows them to focus on their own business rather than the waste removal business. We have evolved to the ‘heavy duty’ strength of waste removal management as we routinely repair broken programs or start challenging new programs.
As a trusted service provider and custodian of quality information, NWA delivers results with confidence and speed. We leverage cutting-edge technology, unique data, vendor and location analytics to negotiate and establish the best solutions for our clients who want individualized strategies and results. Due to recent growth, we need QUALIFIED people!
BUSINESS LEAD REPRESENTATIVE
National Waste Associates is looking for Business Lead Representative who plays a critical role of first contact in the sales process. Someone who excels in developing leads and acquiring contacts by using strong communication skills and maintaining an active follow-up list. A dynamic personality who is invested in helping the sales team generate revenue by developing market potential through lead generation, qualification and setting appointments using digital and telemarketing approaches. Someone who has the drive and persistence to actively use the existing database as well as develop new leads through researching prospect engagement from various activities.
- Initiate telephone contact with prospective clients using outbound lead generation list
- Cold Call prospects to set sales appointments
- Maintain accurate documentation of activity in CRM (SharpSpring)
- Actively work with Business Development team to grow sales
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Attend industry and product related training programs and educational forums to maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Company and industry
- Minimum 2 years B2B sales experience
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- Positive energy and persistence
- Be a creative self-starter with self-discipline who works well individually as well as with the team
- Are a consistent performer who is not easily distracted
- Excellent communication and great phone presence a must
Hourly rate is $22-24/hr
IT Manager, IBM Power System, Microsoft Servers and PC’s
This position is responsible for providing Systems Analysis, Systems Integration and Application development for the company. The position requires a thorough understanding of current and new technology solutions relevant for a mid-sized organization; budgeting the time, skills, and dollars necessary to deliver development projects on time, with expected functions working properly,including reasonable estimate ranges when specifications are still ambiguous.He/She should be comfortable working in a collaborative, dynamic, and fast paced environment with minimal direction for extended periods, as well assisting and mentoring other team members. Assignments may vary from defining the vision, setting direction, choosing technologies and executing projects.
Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- Provides technical leadership for the application development team.
- Analyzing and developing complex system requirements, establish system architecture requirements, research technical capabilities of AS/400 for cross platform applications.
- Design software tools and subsystems to support business initiatives.
- Develop applications and provide support including documentation.
- Train team members on cross platform programming techniques.
- Review exiting programs and recommend refinements to improve.
- Directs staff of 5 to 7 employees and contractors, which includes hiring, training and development, assigning workload, tracking activities and projects, and reporting status. Includes using project methodology and mentoring staff.
- Consults with senior management to determine information requirements of management, users, and field.
- Responsible for leading and/or conducting process and systems analyses to ensure business solutions and system specifications support business needs.
- Responsible for oversight of outsourced website provider and all aspects of maintaining security and access controls, integration with backend fulfillment systems, quality control and testing of order fulfillment systems and product data. Actively participates in periodic load testing, security testing, and scheduled planning sessions.
- Oversees systems project teams and directs workflow to ensure system needs of organization are met.
- Responsible for keeping company hardware running, which includes maintenance, back-ups, & troubleshooting of hardware & software issues. Also includes managing external websites, negotiating pricing on support and purchases.
- Manages upgrades and maintenance of all systems.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed to support the organization.
Qualifications: Job Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Technology, or related experience.
- Developed management, applications analysis and programming, and systems management skills typically achieved with 5-7 years’ experience.
- Strong application development experience utilizing RPG, RPG ILE, CL, C, HTML, XML. Coding experience in these is a big plus.
- Visual Basic, Java, Excel
- AS400 and NT Platform experience.
- Ability to lead team of professionals and provide direction and counsel to Executive Management.
- Proven track record in leadership and project implementations.
- Strong project development skills, utilizing MS Project.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $115,000.00 /year
Vendor Services Representative
A Vendor Services Representative is an integral part of the Account Management team. This position is for someone that has great relationship building skills, a knack for negotiation and someone that is a strategic thinker. We are looking for someone that can find cost effective methods to provide waste and recycling services to our clients, and ensure timely implementation of service requests presented by the Customer Service team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain long lasting relationships with service providers.
- Efficiently prioritize tasks based on client expectations.
- Communicate between departments to ensure job completion.
- Process Service Level requests for all services as needed, accurately and on time.
- Obtain signed contracts from vendors and ensure compliance through the course of the agreement.
- Resolve billing discrepancies in a timely manner when issued by Accounting.
- Work on bidding projects to obtain cost savings for current/potential clients.
- Maintain all necessary files and reports.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- The right candidate has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize appropriately based on company needs.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Possess basic math skills for calculating cost effectiveness for clients.
- Can handle high levels of stress when needed to process urgent requests.
- Must be analytical and have good decision-making skills when it comes to seeing the “big picture”.
- Must possess a positive attitude and good work ethic.
Education: High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree in business preferred.
Experience: Must have experience working in a fast-paced office environment meeting multiple deadlines. Prior experience negotiating and/or working in the waste industry preferred.
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour